Update retirement accounts
If you don’t use online updates for your 401(k) or 403(b) accounts, use the 401(k) Manager to update them manually. In the 401(k) Manager, you don’t need to enter every transaction; just enter the holding information from your statement, and Money will compare it with your previous statement information to calculate the change in shares.
- Click Investing, click Investing Tools, and then click 401(k) Manager.
- In the Choose account box, select an account.
- In the left pane, under Common tasks, click Update this account.
- Enter the date and total account value from the statement.
- Complete the information in the table.
- Use the Add or Remove buttons to add or remove investments from the list.
- If your statement provides the quantity and price of each investment, enter that information.
- If your statement provides only an account total for each investment, enter the total in the Market value column.
- Click Next, and then review the statement details you entered.
- To change information, click the back arrow on the Money toolbar, and when you are finished, click Done.
About investment accounts
Track employer contributions to a retirement account