Delete an account
After you delete an account (A group of transactions in Money for a single bank, brokerage, retirement, loan, or credit card account. Accounts can also track assets such as houses or vehicles, or investments that you want to watch but do not own. See also watch account.) , the transactions from that account will also be deleted. Before deleting an account, make a note of any information you want to save. In addition, consider making a backup copy of the account file. To learn more, see the related topics below.
- Click Banking, and then click Account List.
- Click the name of an account.
- In the left pane under Other tasks, click Change account settings.
- In the left pane, click Delete this account.
- If you are prompted for more information, follow the instructions on the screen.
To preserve the history of an account, consider marking it as closed, rather than deleting it.