Add a new investment to an account in the Portfolio Manager
- Go to the Portfolio Manager.
- In the left pane, click Work with investments, and then click Set up a new investment.
- In the Account list, click the account you want to add an investment to.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish setting up the investment.
- When you add a certificate of deposit, under Value, type the total amount paid, excluding commission.
- When you add a money market fund, under Quantity, type the dollar amount of the purchase, excluding any commission.
- When you add an unlisted investment, in the Investment name box, type Unlisted in the What kind of investment is it list, and then click Other. Leave the Symbol box blank, and then click Finish.
- When you add a bond, under Bond Price, type the price you paid (not the par value of the bond) and use consistent numbers for price and quantity. Because some bond prices are based on a par value of $100, but are sold in increments of $1,000, you may need to multiply the quantity by 10. Adjusting the quantity for the way the price is quoted will keep your portfolio value accurate, and won’t affect your calculations or accounts.