Assign budget amounts to accounts
To better manage your cash flow, you can associate budget items with specific accounts.
Note: To perform this task, you must be using the Advanced Budget. To determine which budget you’re using, look for the Essential Budget, Advanced Budget, or Savings and Spending Budget label in the upper-right corner of the Budget summary page.
- Go to the Forecast your cash flow page.
- In the left pane under Common tasks, click Change cash flow settings.
- Under Assign budget amounts to, click the method that you want Money to use to determine which account a budget item is associated with:
- The last account used for each category. Whenever you use a different account for a category, Money assigns all future instances of that category to the new account.
- The account used most often for each category. Money assigns each category to the account you use most often for that category, so the account assignment may change over time.
- The account I select for each category. You can tell Money which account you want to use for each budget category.
- At the bottom of the page, click Done.