Set up Money so you can pay your bills online through your bank’s online bill payment service
When you enter online sign-in information from your bank in Money, all the bank services associated with the account are automatically set up, including online bill payment. After you’ve set up online bill payment with your bank or with a bill payment service, check for the service in your existing Money accounts, and update them if necessary.
- Click Banking, and then click Account List.
- In the left pane under Common tasks, click Manage online services.
- Look for the name of the bank or provider where you signed up for online bill payment service. If it’s listed under You have set up online updates at these banks and brokerages, see if Online bill payment is listed under Services for that bank or provider. If it isn’t, choose the appropriate method below.
If it’s listed under You have set up online updates at these banks and brokerages
- Click the name of the bank.
- Under Use online services, click Update accounts and other information online.
- Under Account transactions, select the check box for the account that you want to pay bills from, and then enter the sign-in information that you use on your bank’s Web site.
- Click Update.
If it’s listed under You haven’t set up online updates with these banks and brokerages
- In the To Do column for the bank, click Complete setup for online services.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If neither list contains the name of the bank or provider where you signed up for online bill payment services, you need to set up an account in Money with that bank or service provider. To learn more, see the related topics below.
- To complete online setup in Money, you must have online banking sign-in information from your bank or brokerage.
- Online bill payment features may vary, depending on your bank. For some banks, online bill payment is limited to the bank’s Web site and is not available in Money.
- After you follow these steps, if you find out that your bank doesn’t offer online bill payment services, you can set up Money so you can pay your bills online through MSN Bill Pay or another bill payment service provider.