Troubleshoot importing account statements from a bank Web site
If you receive an error when you download an account statement from your bank, the statement file may be corrupted. To fix the problem, try deleting and then recreating the associated file extensions.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop (or open it from the Start menu).
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the File Types tab, and then in the Registered file types pane, click OFX Open Financial Exchange File.
- Click New.
- In the File Extension box, type OFX.
- Click Advanced, and then in the Associated File Type list, click Open Financial Exchange File.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 for the Quicken Import File (QIF) file type if it appears.
- Click Close.
- The steps for recreating file extensions may vary depending on the version of Microsoft Windows you’re using. For more information, see Help for your version of Windows.
- For more information, see the following Microsoft Help & Support article: How to Troubleshoot Problems with Downloaded Statements.
Problems with downloading online accounts