Automatically adjust your account balance to match the bank’s balance
If you’ve set up online account (A group of transactions in Money for a single bank, brokerage, retirement, loan, or credit card account. Accounts can also track assets such as houses or vehicles, or investments that you want to watch but do not own. See also watch account.) updates or online services (Services provided by your bank or brokerage for common banking tasks, such as paying bills, over the Internet. ) for a bank account, a credit card account, or a cash account for an investment, Microsoft Money can automatically adjust the account balance (In Money, the amount or value of an account as of a specific date. In the Advanced Account Register, it is the total of all the transactions in your account register; in the Essential Account Register, it is the amount in your account according to your bank the last time your account was updated online.) to match the balance shown on your bank or brokerage statement. You need to accept all downloaded statement transactions (A withdrawal, deposit or transfer of funds, or a purchase, a sale, or an exchange of a security. ) for the account before Money can automatically adjust your account balance.
You can adjust your account balance one of two ways:
- Adjust your opening balance if it is currently zero.
- Enter an account adjustment transaction that will be flagged for you to follow up on later at your convenience.
To automatically adjust your account balance to match the bank’s balance:
- Click Banking, click Account List, and then click the account you want.
- Under Other Tasks, click Adjust account balance.
- Click the option you want, and then click OK.
- You must be in the Advanced Account Register to match your account balance with your bank’s balance.